The kids aren't the only ones who need a knew summer wardrobe. This year we are refashioning for the dolls! Check out my favorite doll clothes refashioning tutorials from around the web. Try one or try them all and have the most stylish doll around. Because your refashioning instead of buying new, you will also be helping your kids learn to be frugal and environmentally friendly without a single lecture. Enjoy!
1. Don't throw away the scraps from all those cut off shorts. Denim is a valuable resource. Among other things you can make a pair of doll jeans with this tutorial from Our American Dolls.
2. With all the new clothes you'll be making for your doll, your going to need to accessorize as well. Try making this duffle bag from an old tote bag. You can find the tutorial at Obsessively Stitching.
3. No summer wardrobe is complete without a romantic maxi skirt. Try out this tutorial from Sews N Bows.
4. T shirts are the most used item in any summer wardrobe. Make sure your doll is has plenty of them with this tutorial form Nest Full of Eggs.
5. My favorite thing to wear with a tee is a pair of yoga pants. Use this tutorial from Peachy Tuesday to give your doll some comfy lounge wear.
6. My girls will try to wear skirts, long after they've become to short. Here's one option to get rid of those skirts while keeping the girls happy from Doll It Up.
7. Are you looking to make a full matching outfit for your dolls. Try this skirt and top from Sew Mama Sew.
8. Every summer wardrobe needs a swimsuit to be complete. Turn last years swimsuit into this years with this tutorial from XOXO Grandma.
9. Last but not least your going to need to accessorize. Make a pair of doll tights from knee socks with a tutorial form AG Doll Crafts.
Which tutorial do you want to try? Do you have a favorite doll refashion project, I haven't mentioned yet?