Friday, June 21, 2013

Girls Swimwear: Inspiration, Patterns and Fabric


Inspiration

How do you design?  For me the process always starts with inspiration. Sometimes I'll see an outfit in a movie or while browsing at the store. Other times I'll go looking for it. When I am looking for inspiration, I look for shapes, colors, and interesting details that appeal to me. 

Here are a few of the most inspiring swimsuits that I have found so far.


Patterns

The next step in my design process is the pattern. Most of the time my pattern choice will be based on the overall shape, but a pattern that can teach me something new is also a great find.

My favorite swimsuit patterns


Santa Monica Sweetheart Tankini                                                              Hang Ten Rash Guard


Kwik Sew Girls Swimsuits and Cover Ups

Fabric

The final stage of my design process, and my favorite part, is choosing the fabric. This step always takes the longest because I tend to get easily distracted in the huge selection of fabrics that are available. I can find something that I love in all of them.

Follow the links to some of my favorite swimsuit fabrics. 

Animal Print Swimsuit Fabric        Polka Dot Swimsuit Fabric        Floral Swimsuit fabric 

Tell me in a comment about your design process.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...